now browsing by month
You cannot buy a car and leave it unmaintained. It has to be properly maintained for smooth functioning. Right maintenance not only ensures your safety while riding it but also increases the life of the car. Car maintenance is not a simple task as it seems to be. There are lots of minute details to examine. While doing maintenance on your car, you should never forget to take care of the suspension system. Visit http://www.westcoastsuspension.com.au/ for best suspension systems.
Taking guidance from carsguide.com.au, here is some insight on how to properly maintain your vehicle’s suspension system.
What exactly is the suspension system?
Your car’s body is connected to its wheels by a system consisting of springs, shock absorbers, struts, anti-sway, ball joints, spindles, etc. The whole setup is termed as the suspension system. The prime feature of the suspension system is to control the bouncing motion of your car while going through bumpy roads. The suspension system is what which lets you ride comfortably without being much affected by the hurdles on the road.
Irrespective of how much care you take, the suspension system will wear out gradually. But with proper maintenance, you can extend its life.
Indicators of a suspension system problem
Given below are a few indications that your car has a suspension system issue.
1. When you apply the brakes and your car does not stop after the expected distance and instead if it dips or noses further. This could be a sign that the suspension system is weak.
2. While driving, if your vehicle gets pulled to one side, be alert. It can indicate suspension system issues. Wheel alignment or different levels of tread wear on tires can also be the reasons. So check them first. If they get ruled out, then you must check the suspension system
3. If all the tires of your car are properly inflated and still If one corner of your car hangs lower than the rest, then that may be an issue with the suspension system in that particular area.
4. While turning corners, if you feel that your car is lacking stability and is drifting or skidding to one side, then never ignore that. The chance for accidents is really high in this case. Get your car’s suspension system checked very fast to avoid risks.
5. Bounces during drives are common; especially when you drive through bumpy roads. An efficient suspension system helps your car stabilize the bounce very soon after hitting the bump. If the number of bounces is uncomfortably high or they do not stop immediately and continues for a while, then your car’s suspension system might have worn out.
6. If the struts appear to be oily when you examine under the vehicle, then there is a chance of a fluid leak, and they need to be replaced.
The suspension system is a critical feature related to your safety while driving. So keep checking it at regular intervals and make sure that it is perfect. If you suspect any trouble, don’t wait. Get it fixed by experts right away. Be safe!
Planning a trip for a large group poses several challenges before the organizers. Making arrangements for travel, food, accommodation, entertainment, etc. can keep them on their toes. Ensuring that all goes well requires a great deal of planning. Hiring a good bus service for your journey is crucial as nobody wants to arrive at the destination feeling fatigued. A bumpy and uncomfortable ride would sure make everyone grumpy! We can get a clear idea about the right questions to ask a coach service representative from http://www.pegasuscoachtours.com.au/.
We took some useful tips from one of the foremost travel portal in Australia, http://traveller.com.au/ , to give us a better insight on what goes behind chartering a great bus service. Read on to know more about how a good coach can transform your travel experience into a great one. Let’s start the journey!
Ask the right questions
This is the most important tip while trying to find that perfect automotive partner. Don’t hesitate to ask questions. Don’t assume anything. Ask and you shall get the answers. If you don’t get the answers that satisfy you, then it’s time to move on to another company offering better services. Getting all the necessary details before you hire a bus will save you and your group members a lot of trouble later-on.
Check compliance to law
You can ask the service provider to show you the insurance certificates. Also, make sure that the coach that you will be riding has undergone a mechanical inspection and passed it, in the last 12 months. You surely don’t want your coach to break-down en route, do you? The coach bus drivers employed by the company should have a valid commercial driving license (CDL). Check if the bus service company is willing to provide additional drivers and agree to driver switches. This is important as drivers, for safety reasons, are not allowed to drive for more than 10 hours a day.
Clarity about the costs
The trip charges could be calculated according to miles or hours. Ascertain which method your bus service company uses to calculate the trip cost. Talk to them about the size of the coach you need and the facilities or luxuries that you are looking forward to. If there is any special facility that is required, make sure that it is clearly communicated to the representative you are dealing with to avoid misunderstandings later.
Enquire about the policies
It is very important that you understand the company’s policies regarding deposits and final payment. Refund and cancellation policies should also be clearly understood. Enquire about other add-on charges that might apply which are not part of the trip charges – like city taxes, special permits etc. Ensure that the bus service company’s policies regarding smoking, alcohol consumption and carry-on foods are acceptable to you. In many cases, it requires an additional cleaning deposit. Finally, make sure you have discussed about your driver’s accommodations and costs.
With most of the important checks done, you can now go ahead and charter that coach service for your dream trip!